Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm really bad at updating lately

Spending a lot of time working on house and work type things. Unfortunately not pulling in enough money to do this full time, but hey a few suggestion for your time.

Go see Cowboys Vs Aliens. It looks dumb, the concept seems a bit out of the ordinary (I mean who really wants to see a movie about cowboys fighting aliens), but I assure you it's awesome. It has it's slow bits, but well worth seeing. Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford are awesome as usual. And I'd like to point out, like usually, Daniel Craig is a complete badass (citing the bond films he did as well as Defiance (if you haven't seen that see it too, it's on Netflix). The movie eventually moves to a solid plot, has a diverse cast, and amazing effects. Check it out if you get a chance.

Also, try to catch the Fright Night remake. It's a movie I wanted to see because I think David Tennant is awesome, and I'm a huge Doctor Who fan (also on Netflix, hint, hint). I actually ended up really enjoying the movie. It was action packed, it was suspenseful, it was humorous and was all and all a good movie. One I'd even consider paying seeing again. Not being a big Colin Farrell, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed his performance. The man plays a great monster. Anyways, it's a fun movie, and I suggest seeing, even though it's a remake and they are usually terrible. I don't think you'll regret this one.

Both movies are iffy on being for children, but 13 and up will like them just fine. Possibly younger depending on what your children watch. Both contain violence, blood, and strong language and some sexual situations. Also, neither are on Netflix (obviously, since they are both in theaters). But, I'm sure both will be out of theaters fast, so catch them while you can. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment